Foxboro MA Chiropractor Alleviates Slipped Disc Pain Safely
Slipped disc, also known as a bulging or herniated disc, is a very common spinal injury. A person might not even know that there’s anything wrong, up until the disc infringes on a spinal column nerve, and the pain begins. Depending on where the slipped disc is on the spine, it could cause range of motion loss, excruciating pain, and many other adverse effects. A Foxboro MA chiropractor understands how difficult and painful it may be to suffer from a debilitating spine condition. If you’re searching for a way to alleviate your slipped disc pain safely, chiropractic care is a very popular method used to relieve pain from slipped, herniated or bulging discs.
What can a Foxboro MA chiropractor do to relieve pain from a slipped disc safely?
- At an initial appointment, a Foxboro MA chiropractor will conduct a thorough examination and a medical history to determine the exact nature of your pain and its possible causes, including a slipped disc
- Chiropractic adjustments, also known as manual manipulation, spinal manipulation, or chiropractic manipulation, is a popular therapeutic remedy for slipped discs and other lower back pain. Chiropractic adjustments include short lever arm thrusts applied to vertebrae at high velocity, a release of gas (known as joint cavitation) caused by a release of nitrogen, carbon dioxide, and oxygen, that releases pressure in the joints
- Other techniques that a chiropractor can use for your disc-related problems may include assigning specialized self-treatment exercises that can help to improve your range of motion, decrease your back pain, and relieve any leg symptoms (this is also known as the McKenzie method)
- The Cox technique may be employed. This involves performing spinal traction on specialized tables
- Your personalized plan will most likely include self-management instructions and education to instruct you on how to eliminate or control your pain using correct body mechanics and proper posture
- Acupuncture, physical therapy, and massage may also be used
Whatever course your Foxboro MA chiropractor recommends, he will discuss with you all its risks and benefits. This is the safest natural method to address your slipped disc pain.